News Stories Tagged san francisco
The San Francisco sunset has been photographed and videotaped by many a tourist. But one woman recently got a new perspective on the scene when a seagull stole (and returned!) her camera.
Looking for a wine-soaked weekend in California without the crowds? Head south of Napa to Half Moon Bay, where wine is paired with strolls down Main St., sweeping ocean views, and Californian cuisine.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
San Franciscans are lucky enough to have tons of day trip destinations, and the list goes beyond wine country. From hikes and oyster shucking to live music and Mexican food, here are our top picks.
As of Tuesday, Android users will be the ones navigating Smithsonian museums like regulars. Google Maps will soon be available for the largest museum network in the US from San Francisco to DC.
Everyone's eyes are on the Golden Gate Bridge this year. And while its 75th birthday already passed, the city released a cool, interactive app to learn more about it than you ever knew you wanted to.
The days of sneaking handcuffs and pom-pom feathers in your carry-on are over! A California-based hotel group is offering a sexually-charged package inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey.
From fireworks displays to foodie tours, there are endless ways to celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary throughout the year in San Francisco. Here are our top picks.
As the world’s most famous bridge approaches its 75th anniversary, a dizzying array of bridge-themed events and activities will continue throughout the year to help commemorate the milestone.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com