News Stories Tagged san francisco
Coming soon to the City by the Bay: Hotel Zetta, a tech-friendly, eco-friendly, chic and modern hotel, complete with a pool table, shuffle board, video games, and free WiFi.
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. An expensive one. Luckily, five US museums are putting treasures on display—many of which have never before seen our shores.
With the Golden Gate Bridge, a cutting edge food scene, and famous fog, San Francisco is one of the most iconic and notoriously pricey cities. Here's where to splurge and save in the City by the Bay
Our third Travel Tastemaker is AFAR's Jen Murphy—she's a genuine globe-hopper with a penchant for great food and fitness. We asked her about the trips she's most excited about, what she always travels with, and her most memorable meals.
We love Oktoberfest, and not just because its another reason to party between Labor Day and Halloween. The Bavarian holiday means delicious brews, enormous pretzels, and dressing the part.
The San Francisco sunset has been photographed and videotaped by many a tourist. But one woman recently got a new perspective on the scene when a seagull stole (and returned!) her camera.
Looking for a wine-soaked weekend in California without the crowds? Head south of Napa to Half Moon Bay, where wine is paired with strolls down Main St., sweeping ocean views, and Californian cuisine.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
San Franciscans are lucky enough to have tons of day trip destinations, and the list goes beyond wine country. From hikes and oyster shucking to live music and Mexican food, here are our top picks.
As of Tuesday, Android users will be the ones navigating Smithsonian museums like regulars. Google Maps will soon be available for the largest museum network in the US from San Francisco to DC.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2044 & up -- Scotland & Ireland B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $779 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star Dreams Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $123 & up -- Cancun Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago