News Stories Tagged san diego
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? San Diego is home to more than 70 craft breweries. One insider guides us to the best of the best.
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, dishes to Fodor's on his favorite restaurants around the country.
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego. But this year, we've seen a smattering of creative new eateries using the area's bounty in cool new ways.
Let's do a little vacation math. What does 70 degrees year-round plus 70 miles of coastline get you? Any number of reasons to visit San Diego. Here are our top five.
We love the West Coast in the summertime—it's balmy and breezy from Mexico to Alaska. So whether you've got a week off or just need a weekend away, we've assembled a hit list of coastal road trips.
San Diego is hot right now—and we definitely mean more than just it's sweet summer temps. The SoCal city is calling with great Mexican fare, swank hotels, and a laid back beach vibe.
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks at one of these spirited festivals. Trust us, it's the fun kind of learning.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
There's much more to a hotel than just bedrooms and lobby bars—there are unique histories and quirky facts galore. And there's plenty you probably don't know about these classic American hotels.
California is home to some ocean-side gems from north to south, but the ones that lie between LA and San Diego are often less-trodden. Hit these charming beach towns for a new California coast road trip.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
Make the most of spring and get away to enjoy the season’s best fêtes and festivals. Herewith three not-to-miss spring celebrations, along with a few hotel deals to help you on your way.
Looking for a different Halloween party atmosphere? Forget bobbing for apples and head out to the pier for a real water adventure. From coast-to-coast, nighttime cruises are taking fright-night festivities afloat.
Although there is metered street parking throughout downtown, a spot can be difficult to find. One alternative is to park in the Horton Plaza parking structure, where you can get three free hours with validation.
Admission is good for seven days, and includes both the downtown and La Jolla locations.
The West Coast is a perfect place to get your family some spring break fun. Check out our favorite things to do, from flying a kite in Seattle to clambering through restored wooden ships in San Diego.
Looking for a California road trip idea? This twelve-day trip hits Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and San Diego. You'll see all of Southern California's top attractions, from Hollywood to SeaWorld and back again. Grab your favorite road map and settle in.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $199 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $289 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $1989 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet