News Stories Tagged safety
Smart travelers know what they’re getting into before booking their next cruise. Use our tips to make sure your ports of call are safe before setting sail.
We asked readers in the Fodor's Forums how they're feeling about returning to India in the wake of the fatal incident in New Dehli in December. Read on to learn what they had to say.
Yesterday, the U.S. State Department issued an updated travel warning for US citizens living in or traveling to Kenya as a result of heightened terrorist activity and crime in the area.
Keep this number handy in Argentina.
Watch for sharp drop-offs on Costa Rica's beaches.
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs an updated warning for US travelers in Mexico. The department’s primary concern is with the activity of Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs), whose clashes with Mexican authorities and each other have caused a surge in violence in certain areas of the country.
Drink only bottled water, called agua purificada or agua mineral. It is available even at the smallest stores, and is much cheaper than in North America. Use bottled water even when brushing your teeth.
Replete with resorts, Cancun is one of the safest cities in Mexico—and well removed from border violence. In fact, it's 1,300 miles from Cancun on the northern border of Mexico (the same distance from New York to Texas). Cancun’s crime rate is much lower than that of most U.S. cities. Here are answers to four of today's most common questions about safety in the area.
Recently, I asked other Fodor's editors and some globetrotting gal pals to share their best advice for intrepid ladies hoofing it around on their own. We came up with the following tips, some of which will be helpful to anyone away from home.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $549 & up -- 10-Nt. Mediterranean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $216 & up -- Miami Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $769 & up -- Panama Canal & Beach 6-Nt. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com