News Stories Tagged russia
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish enough to generate buzz and usher customers through the front door. Here are 5 of our favorites.
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky new hotel to call its own. The Solis Sochi has an Old Hollywood feel with modern amenities.
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St. Petersburg completed its transformation into a luxury hotel. That hotel is the ultra-plush Four Seasons Lion Palace.
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
Feeling that Olympics fever? Well then you're in luck—individual tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, go on sale Monday, February 11.
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels. So with a new year ahead, we're sharing which soon-to-open properties we are most excited for.
Colorful cathedrals, opulent palaces, and Hermitage masterpieces are standard fare on a Russian holiday, but sailing Russia's rivers offers another side to the world's largest country.
This might just be the best cruise ship you've never heard of. We're just back from cruising with Hapag-Lloyd in Germany, and points beyond, and we're practically in withdrawals.
While Russian river cruising is proving more popular than ever before, adventurous cruisers craving exploration beyond the well-traveled Moscow–St. Petersburg route, can look to a duo of new itineraries set to debut in far-flung corners of the country's vast expanses.
The world's premier river cruise company, Viking River Cruises, is poised to invoke its inner Viking as it commemorates the line's 15th anniversary year with an aggressive expansion campaign. Not only will they be launching six new ships on European rivers by August, but they're completely revamping their Russian vessels, to boot.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com