News Stories Tagged rome
Two Italian resorts are partnering up to offer one outstanding offer now through October 20. Spend two nights at Rome's lavish Hotel Hassler followed by two nights at Tuscany's dreamy Il Pellicano for less.
Look for the hidden gem of the Palazzo Barberini in the palace's attic.
Pick a prime spot to view the Roman Forum.
Spring has just about sprung, so we've rounded up a preview of the season's freshest happenings in five of the world's most popular cities. From San Francisco's funky festivals to Paris's cutting-edge art expos, these main events are sure to put some spring in your step. In addition to outlining a smorgasbord of special spring events, each city-specific mini-itinerary below gives you the scoop on where to sleep and eat, for a spring fling to make the birds sing.
Here's how to properly toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain.
Ryan Cimorelli will soon be taking off for Rome after his big win on last night's episode of TLC's Next Great Baker.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Travelers should note that the Rome's Palazzo Spada occasionally closes in the afternoon because of staff shortages.
Ushers at the entrance of St. Peter's and Vatican Museums will bar entry to people with bare knees or bare shoulders.
Since there is a lot of ground to cover in Rome, it's wise to plan your sightseeing schedule with possible savings in mind, and purchasing the Roma Pass (www.romapass.it) allows you to do just that. The three-day pass costs €23, and is good for unlimited use of buses, trams, and the metro.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $145-$175 -- Seattle 4-Star Starwood Hotels on Sale, 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $68 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $915* & up -- Flights to 10 Cities in Africa, 30% Off (R/T)ASAP Tickets
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa