News Stories Tagged rome
Here's how to properly toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain.
Ryan Cimorelli will soon be taking off for Rome after his big win on last night's episode of TLC's Next Great Baker.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Travelers should note that the Rome's Palazzo Spada occasionally closes in the afternoon because of staff shortages.
Ushers at the entrance of St. Peter's and Vatican Museums will bar entry to people with bare knees or bare shoulders.
Since there is a lot of ground to cover in Rome, it's wise to plan your sightseeing schedule with possible savings in mind, and purchasing the Roma Pass (www.romapass.it) allows you to do just that. The three-day pass costs €23, and is good for unlimited use of buses, trams, and the metro.
Decorated evergreens? Twinkling lights? It must be the end of December. From special symbols to sparkling shopping areas, the Fodorites and Fodor's editors share their favorite festive places in cities around the world. Some of our community members have photographed beautiful holiday images, too.
If you've been to Europe, you undoubtedly have a favorite square, whether it's a piazza, campo, place, platz, or plaza. Members in our forums recently shared their opinions, and Italy lead the list.
Want a chance to try out Fodor's new apps for FREE? We're giving away $10 iTunes gift certificates to ten lucky tweeters. Entry details after the jump...
They’re especially strict for visits to the Basilica di San Pietro and the Musei Vaticani: shorts, tank tops, and halter tops are taboo. Shoulders must be covered. Women should carry a scarf or shawl to cover bare arms if the custodians insist. Those who do not comply with the dress code are refused admittance.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $135 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $349 -- Cruise from US to Europe w/Upgrades; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1335 & up -- Makena: 4-Star Maui Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel