News Stories Tagged rome
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
Established in 1555, Rome's Jewish Quarter has an long and rich history. And one of the best ways to discover it is through its most iconic dishes.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
No one would turn down a trip to Rome. Except maybe kids for whom the thought of touring ancient ruins is akin to torture. Take these insider tips on how to see the Eternal City with (happy) kids in tow.
Rome may be an ancient city, but it's thriving culinary scene certainly isn't. And while there are plenty tried-and-true institutions, local Romans and in-the-know visitors will be found at these new hotspots.
The more time you spend in Italy, the more you'll notice that Italians love telling you what to do...whether you ask them for advice or not. Straight from the source, here are 10 things NOT to do while you're vacationing on the boot.
What does the holiday season bring to Rome? Understated celebration, with lights strung up on Via Condotti, a beautiful tree in St. Peter's Square, and the iconic Christmas fair in Piazza Navona.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
Rome has it all—incredible cuisine, enticing cultural sights, and equally fantastic day trips. Here are our five top picks for quick escapes from the Eternal City.
We know you're likely headed to one of these six cities come fall, and we can't blame you. They've got it all, from Fashion Week to electronic music festivals to a marathon that ends at Versailles.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays