News Stories Tagged road trips
To celebrate National Pet Day, we're letting our furry friends take over. The first order of business is convincing you, the traveler, to plan a pet-friendly road trip now that the weather's warming up. Here's plenty of inspiration.
Spring is here (well, officially anyway)! It's time to break out from winter's hibernation and hit the open road. Start with these four great drives.
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
Hit the Autostrada on a road trip through Southern Italy this year—it's the best way to enjoy the sights in the country's undiscovered regions.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
Check out or tip for using reward points to save on holiday travel—even if you're driving. Then put that extra money to good use. You know, on presents.
Discovering what awaits at the end of the Hana Highway (a.k.a. the Highway to Heaven) may be full of twists and turns and colorful distractions, but it is absolutely worth it.
Whether its leaf-peeping or that last "late summer" weekend away, fall is the perfect time to pack up the car and skip town. Bring these gadgets with you to stay safe, powered up, and connected.
Over breakfast at IHOP, two new friends decided to take 3 months to hit all 50 states on the ultimate road trip. It turned into the interactive, photo-focused, and super-cool project Going Nowhere.
This summer saw a bigger spike in road trips than in air travel. So, how did your road trip stack up? Which state is most expensive for a road tripper? And who spends the most on fast food?
We've all road tripped in four-wheeled vehicles, but what about hitting Route 66 on two wheels? Motorcycle trips are where road trips meet adventure, and these four destinations are great starting points.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com