News Stories Tagged riviera maya
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach vacation, with hotel specials from Del Mar, California, to the Dominican Republic, and beyond.
Skip the resort buffet: We've got a handful of fantastic new food (and drink) finds in Riviera Maya. Think craft beers, authentic Mayan cooking traditions, and swanky new hot spots.
Known for idyllic beaches and majestic Mayan ruins, Mexico's Riviera Maya is gaining ground as a culinary destination. So we checked out their second annual food fest and were definitely not disappointed.
As you know, the world is going to end next Friday (Dec 21, 2012), according to the Mayan calendar. So as you may have hoped, the Riviera Maya is going out in style with these sweet doomsday deals.
Riviera Maya tends to conjure images of spring break, margaritas, and mega-resorts, which is fair. But oenophiles take note, it's also home to extensive wine lists, wine bars, and gastronomic pairings.
Vacationing in Mexico conjures images of lazing on a beach, cocktail in hand. But instead of working on your tan, why not learn how to concoct your own umbrella-worthy drinks?
The Viceroy wants you to go big this summer. That's why they're offering packages with complimentary nights, and some choice upgrades and goodies, at 14 of their hotels around the world.
It's not uncommon to dine at a buffet on holiday in the Rivera Maya. But those lines are about to get much shorter. Mexico's Caribbean coastline is experiencing a much-needed culinary renaissance, treating guests to buzzing concept restaurants and talented, emerging chefs cooking up more than a taco platter.
Now is the time to getaway and relax in Mexico's beautiful Riviera Maya. Enjoy the serene beauty of the luxurious Viceroy Riviera Maya resort and beaches with a special "Fly Free" program!
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs an updated warning for US travelers in Mexico. The department’s primary concern is with the activity of Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs), whose clashes with Mexican authorities and each other have caused a surge in violence in certain areas of the country.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $79-$86 -- NYC Hotel near Times Square w/Wi-Fi, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts