News Stories Tagged river cruise ships
Waived single supplements, luxurious new ships, all-inclusive fares, and a variety of inventive new itineraries from Europe to Myanmar are the calling cards of the river cruise industry in 2014.
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in November 2014.
River cruising is a vacation all its own, and if you've never been on one, you may not know what to expect. So upon return from a wondrous Viking river cruise, one Fodor's editor breaks it down for us.
Sanctuary Retreats' luxe new Sanctuary Ananda—custom built in Yangon—will soon sail Myanmar's Irrawaddy River.
A trio of exotic Southeast Asia river cruises on the Mekong, Irrawaddy, and Ganges are now on tap from Haimark, Ltd.
Forget what you know about huge Caribbean cruises and consider a ride on the tranquil ships that sail past castles and through wine regions along Europe's most scenic waterways.
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
A favorite bespoke adventure company rebrands as Un-Cruise Adventures and brings unique itineraries to Alaska, Mexico, Hawaii, and the Columbia and Snake Rivers.
Colorful cathedrals, opulent palaces, and Hermitage masterpieces are standard fare on a Russian holiday, but sailing Russia's rivers offers another side to the world's largest country.
In 2013, Avalon Waterways will introduce the "First Lady of the Mississippi"—the American Queen paddlewheel steamboat—to its river cruise fans.
Grand Circle Cruise Line unveiled a new small ship tour along the Irrawaddy River in Burma. Tough to get to as solo travelers, these tours will offer further access into an otherwise still-mysterious country.
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $249-$269 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $180 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Waterfront Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $1500 & up -- Curacao 5-Night Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $1749 -- 14-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America