News Stories Tagged quotes
No matter how you say it (losing sight of the shore, and so on), there's no denying that the best part of traveling is leaping outside of your comfort zone.
It's impossible not to feel the energy of New York City in your bones when you're here, and the pull of the city when you leave.
We agree with Bryson here, that one of the great joys of traveling is to rediscover basic, everyday things for the first time and in a new light.
Francophile or not, you must agree there's a definite je ne sais quoi about the City of Light. Don't look for a cure. Look for a flight.
In our opinion, it would be a genuine challenge to be gloomy in Italy. Don't you agree?
Do you think he was telling us not to over-think things or was Yogi encouraging us to grab life by the fork? Either way, this quote is one of our all-time favorites.
What is it about New York City? There's certainly no place like it, it's an original with no replacement. We love it. Don't you?
No matter what you see—sunsets or sunrises, temples or Times Square—you'll never see things quite as you saw them before.
Whether it's getting lost on a foreign city's subway system or taking in some majestic natural landscape, sometimes the best feeling is realizing just how big the world is and how small we are.
You might be in Italy or Ireland or Indonesia, sure... But traveling really points you in on yourself—you're learning who you are with different surroundings.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1299 -- Maui: 5-Nt. Vacation in Resort Condo w/AirApple Vacations
- $1365 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com