News Stories Tagged puerto rico
If you're in Puerto Rico and lose your guidebook, not to worry. Every town has its own culture trolley.
Several of Puerto Rico's most popular museums are not air-conditioned, so they close early when the weather is hot.
If you plan to rent a car on Vieques or Culebra, make sure you reserve it in advance, especially when visiting during high season.
Ask the Puerto Rican tourist board, 1-800-866-7827, about hotel and local transportation packages that include tickets to major museum exhibits or other special events.
Old San Juan: This is a walking city, with narrow, one-way streets, narrower alleys, little parking, and sights and shops packed together in an area hardly larger than one square mile. Vieques or Culebra: The cargo ferry runs at an erratic schedule, and may bump your vehicle at the last minute if there is no room.
Many people find themselves with a single day, or less, to explore San Juan. If you've only got one day, head straight for Old San Juan.
The cargo ferry runs at an erratic schedule, and may bump your vehicle at the last minute if there is no room. Besides, you need a 4x4 to navigate the island roads.
This isn't only because of possible discounts, but also to ensure that you get a car and that it's a reliable one. Also, always opt for air-conditioning; you'll be glad you did when it's high noon and you're in a San Juan traffic jam.
It's considered highly disrespectful to enter a store or a restaurant in a bathing suit or other inappropriate attire, even though you may be spending a great deal of time on the beach.
So you want an adventure, but you'd rather not take out a new life insurance policy. Never fear! From kayaking Puerto Rico's bioluminescent lake to exploring Angkor Wat, here are our favorite adventure trips for 2010.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1008 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fall Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $699 & up -- Cayman Island Vacation Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $209 -- Maui: 4-Diamond Beachfront Resort, Kids Stay FreeBookIt.com