News Stories Tagged provence
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? Check. Horses, a full spa, tennis court, and olive grove on site? Yep. We just wish we could have this luxe new property all to ourselves.
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. Well chosen. Take our insider's tips to really experience it like a local.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen? Or look at fresh vegetables with a local’s eye? With a food history as richly varied as its produce, Provence is the ideal place to expand your culinary repertoire by signing up for some French cooking lessons.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa