News Stories Tagged provence
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? Check. Horses, a full spa, tennis court, and olive grove on site? Yep. We just wish we could have this luxe new property all to ourselves.
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. Well chosen. Take our insider's tips to really experience it like a local.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen? Or look at fresh vegetables with a local’s eye? With a food history as richly varied as its produce, Provence is the ideal place to expand your culinary repertoire by signing up for some French cooking lessons.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $99 & up -- Virginia: Leaf-Peeping Hotel Deals , Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines