News Stories Tagged provence
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? Check. Horses, a full spa, tennis court, and olive grove on site? Yep. We just wish we could have this luxe new property all to ourselves.
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. Well chosen. Take our insider's tips to really experience it like a local.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen? Or look at fresh vegetables with a local’s eye? With a food history as richly varied as its produce, Provence is the ideal place to expand your culinary repertoire by signing up for some French cooking lessons.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $859 & up -- Cancun: 'Secrets' All-Inclusive Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $89-$129 -- N.C.: Outer Banks Oceanfront Hotel thru SpringRamada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Hotel
- $69-$79 -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite incl. WeekendsSea Watch Resort
- $2405 -- Luxe Rhine River Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & ToursA-ROSA Cruises