News Stories Tagged portugal
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. And it's largely underrated with rich, historical landmarks next to great cafes and restaurants. Pack up to discover your new favorite city break.
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama. With leisurely check-ins, communal dining, and a book library to borrow from, it redefines the classic hotel concept.
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of recent new openings (from hotels to parks and walking trails), now is really the time to go. Here's why.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
Chef Missy Robbins, of NYC's A Voce Madison, is an authority figure when it comes to all things pescatarian. So we asked her about the best local fish to order around the world.
Portugal is so hot right now. With an increase in visitors, the country is riding a wave of new hotel openings in the last year alone. Add to those, the Mercy Hotel set to debut in Lisbon next month.
One of the best ways to discover a new place is on foot. And with Portugal's new Rota Vicentina, getting to know the stunning coast along The Algarve just got a whole lot easier.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- D.C. 4-Star Hotel near White House, Save $100JW Marriott Washington, DC
- $99 & up -- British Virgin Islands Hotels up to 45% OffBritish Virgin Islands Tourism
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $1006 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star Casino Resort Vacation w/AirfareApple Vacations
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com