News Stories Tagged portugal
Hearty cuisine, a robust wine country, and Roman architecture are just some of the reasons to visit Portugal's agricultural region.
The Aldea chef chats about the best eats and activities in Portugal, why he loves fly fishing, and his favorite New York City pizza spots.
For an affordable, blissful European retreat, look no further than the sun-drenched, coastal city of Lisbon.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. And it's largely underrated with rich, historical landmarks next to great cafes and restaurants. Pack up to discover your new favorite city break.
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama. With leisurely check-ins, communal dining, and a book library to borrow from, it redefines the classic hotel concept.
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of recent new openings (from hotels to parks and walking trails), now is really the time to go. Here's why.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $289 & up -- Bahamas Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $239 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort w/Wi-FiBookIt.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America