News Stories Tagged portugal
For an affordable, blissful European retreat, look no further than the sun-drenched, coastal city of Lisbon.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. And it's largely underrated with rich, historical landmarks next to great cafes and restaurants. Pack up to discover your new favorite city break.
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama. With leisurely check-ins, communal dining, and a book library to borrow from, it redefines the classic hotel concept.
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of recent new openings (from hotels to parks and walking trails), now is really the time to go. Here's why.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
Chef Missy Robbins, of NYC's A Voce Madison, is an authority figure when it comes to all things pescatarian. So we asked her about the best local fish to order around the world.
Portugal is so hot right now. With an increase in visitors, the country is riding a wave of new hotel openings in the last year alone. Add to those, the Mercy Hotel set to debut in Lisbon next month.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119 & up -- D.C. Area Hotel Sale thru Summer, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $150-$168 -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort in Peak Season, 60% OffHotel Riu Palace Peninsula
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet