News Stories Tagged portugal
For an affordable, blissful European retreat, look no further than the sun-drenched, coastal city of Lisbon.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. And it's largely underrated with rich, historical landmarks next to great cafes and restaurants. Pack up to discover your new favorite city break.
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama. With leisurely check-ins, communal dining, and a book library to borrow from, it redefines the classic hotel concept.
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of recent new openings (from hotels to parks and walking trails), now is really the time to go. Here's why.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
Chef Missy Robbins, of NYC's A Voce Madison, is an authority figure when it comes to all things pescatarian. So we asked her about the best local fish to order around the world.
Portugal is so hot right now. With an increase in visitors, the country is riding a wave of new hotel openings in the last year alone. Add to those, the Mercy Hotel set to debut in Lisbon next month.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $51-$58 -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hotel thru Fall, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $69 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $297* & up -- Cheap Flights to Aruba (Roundtrip, incl. Tax)Aruba Tourism Authority
- $197 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $325 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 20%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach