News Stories Tagged porto
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and in recent years is burgeoning with tourism developments. Here, the ultimate wine lover's guide to Porto.
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of recent new openings (from hotels to parks and walking trails), now is really the time to go. Here's why.
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages and vineyard-coated countryside—is booming, with next year's cruise calendar ramping up its offerings, courtesy of three major river cruse lines. AmaWaterways is debuting a duo of fresh itineraries and a new vessel; Viking River Cruises is making their first-ever foray into Portugal; and Portugal river cruise pioneer Uniworld is ensuring its firm foothold in the region with a shiny new ship.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $218 & up -- Oahu: 4-Star North Shore Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront