News Stories Tagged portland
Is it just us, or is it weird that this is only the first annual Bon Appetit-sponsored food festival in Portland? The city is obsessed with cocktails, coffee, and cuisine—it just fits! (And was super fun.)
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Whether you go for the hiking and stay for the food, or vice versa, the Pacific Northwest offers something for everyone. Here's how to stay stylish no matter what the terrain (or forecast).
No matter your starting point, there are ample opportunities to hit the road this summer from coast to coast. Pack up the car, instead of the carry-on, and take one of our top summer road trip picks.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Looking for a different Halloween party atmosphere? Forget bobbing for apples and head out to the pier for a real water adventure. From coast-to-coast, nighttime cruises are taking fright-night festivities afloat.
Thinking about a summer trip to Portland, Oregon? Consider scheduling your visit around one of the summer festivals—many that celebrate the city's most beloved beverage—for a true taste of the Portland.
The West Coast is a perfect place to get your family some spring break fun. Check out our favorite things to do, from flying a kite in Seattle to clambering through restored wooden ships in San Diego.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays