News Stories Tagged portland
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything from food and wine to art. Here are the top ten places to savor it all.
Is it just us, or is it weird that this is only the first annual Bon Appetit-sponsored food festival in Portland? The city is obsessed with cocktails, coffee, and cuisine—it just fits! (And was super fun.)
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Whether you go for the hiking and stay for the food, or vice versa, the Pacific Northwest offers something for everyone. Here's how to stay stylish no matter what the terrain (or forecast).
No matter your starting point, there are ample opportunities to hit the road this summer from coast to coast. Pack up the car, instead of the carry-on, and take one of our top summer road trip picks.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Looking for a different Halloween party atmosphere? Forget bobbing for apples and head out to the pier for a real water adventure. From coast-to-coast, nighttime cruises are taking fright-night festivities afloat.
Thinking about a summer trip to Portland, Oregon? Consider scheduling your visit around one of the summer festivals—many that celebrate the city's most beloved beverage—for a true taste of the Portland.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $519 & up -- 5-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort, Save 45%Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $629 & up -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1075 & up -- Madrid & Barcelona 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $119* -- Portland to Billings this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines