News Stories Tagged portland
To say Oregon has a lot of breweries would be a huge understatement. Portland alone has more than 50—here are the best beer stops in the state, and what to taste when you get there.
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything from food and wine to art. Here are the top ten places to savor it all.
Is it just us, or is it weird that this is only the first annual Bon Appetit-sponsored food festival in Portland? The city is obsessed with cocktails, coffee, and cuisine—it just fits! (And was super fun.)
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Whether you go for the hiking and stay for the food, or vice versa, the Pacific Northwest offers something for everyone. Here's how to stay stylish no matter what the terrain (or forecast).
No matter your starting point, there are ample opportunities to hit the road this summer from coast to coast. Pack up the car, instead of the carry-on, and take one of our top summer road trip picks.
Nothing beats a getaway with the girls, whether you hit a nearby foodie haven like Portland for the weekend or make it a far-flung jaunt to scope out the big five in Kenya or sip champagne in Australia.
With the hit TV show Portlandia gaining a cult following, the City of Roses has been thrust into the national spotlight. With an ever-growing coffee, beer, and food scene, this Pacific Northwest gem is now known as so much more than just a city with pretty flowers. Read on for our roundup of recently opened establishments in Portland, Oregon, worth checking out on your next visit here.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Looking for a different Halloween party atmosphere? Forget bobbing for apples and head out to the pier for a real water adventure. From coast-to-coast, nighttime cruises are taking fright-night festivities afloat.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $69 -- Orlando Hotel in Summer w/Park Shuttles, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1532 & up -- London: 4-Star Vacation w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations