News Stories Tagged photography
Put down that enormous SLR and give that camera on your phone a chance—with these apps you'll be snapping, sharing, and actually liking all your vacation photos in no time.
In March, I got to go to Sedona with Sony Electronics to test out their new camera line. I came away with a new love of digital cameras and a host of tips for taking better summer travel snaps.
These waterproof photography gadgets will withstand the rigors of just about whatever you throw at them. Dive in and splash around, take that hike in the rain, or schuss the trails: you'll have plenty of videos and stills to show off when you return, thanks to these washout-proof gizmos.
Luckily for travelers, mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras are growing in popularity. Here is a quick rundown of four of our favorites that pack high performance in a small package.
The best place to take a picture of this small but beautiful lighthouse in Acadia National Park is from the rocks below—but watch your step; they can be slippery.
Captured the perfect shot of an iconic landmark only to discover a photo bomber (an unexpected guest in your photo)? Use a free photo editing tool like Picnik.com to edit them out by using a cropping tool to trim them off an edge, or try a cloning tool to erase them from anywhere in the photo.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com