News Stories Tagged philadelphia
Through the New Year, history-rich, foodie-friendly Philadelphia's calendar is chockablock with special events, attractions, and distinctly Philly activities for fun-seekers and families of all kinds.
Philly comes back to life after the summer, rolling out a red carpet of happenings all autumn long. You can't pick a wrong weekend to check out its new eats, sleeps, and fests.
Philly's dining scene is exploding with fresh local and imported talent as well as old favorites reopening in new spaces. Here are the 7 places you should book a table at right now.
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be top of your list for a quick getaway this year. Just don't leave without these style picks.
It's almost that time of year again, when we run around in search of Irish bars at which to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. Put down the green beer—we found the best Irish pubs in the states.
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
Philly's newest eateries are sure to make the heart of any foodie thump a little harder. From food trucks to gastropubs, here's where to nosh now.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
Set to open tomorrow, the new Hotel Monaco will be the only hotel in Philly with unobstructed views of Independence Hall. What's more, its bringing a touch of cool to the city's Historic district.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $63 & up -- NorCal: Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1179 & up -- Big Island & Kauai 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelTripMasters.com
- $2044 & up -- Scotland & Ireland B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours