News Stories Tagged philadelphia
The City of Brotherly Love is hot this summer, with tons of can't-miss exhibits, mouthwatering food events, and an incredible live music lineup. Here are the top 15 reasons you should check it out.
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
Combine your love of plush hotel stays with your love of either Springsteen or Schiaparelli this summer with these choice deals that offer up an exhibition ticket with that room key.
Philly's long-awaited Barnes Foundation has swung open its doors to reveal a weird and wonderful collection of 181 Renoirs, 69 Cezannes, 59 Matisses, and more in its stunning, updated new home.
The Barnes Foundation, home to Albert Barnes' extensive collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and early Modern art, is set to debut its new Philadelphia campus. To commemorate the opening, visitors can enjoy free admission for ten days, from opening day May 19th to the 28th, and a Memorial Day weekend-long schedule of celebratory festivities.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
Hotels are doing more than just upgrading decor to woo their guests—they’re pulling out all the stops, from fostering the latest cutting-edge technology to revolutionizing room service. Herewith a roundup of the latest and greatest hotel amenities, touting some of our favorite bells and whistles.
Whether you're into painting, prints, photography, or fashion, major American museums from Los Angeles to Prouts Neck, Maine, are hosting exceptional art shows worth traveling for this year. We've picked the eight best, on now through the end of 2012, so you can plan ahead for art-filled weekend getaways from coast to coast.
Residents in Philadelphia are raising money in hopes that the success of New York's High Line fuels plans to build a similar structure in their city.
Do you have a dream? In the spirit of Dr. King, here are three inspiring ways to spend your long weekend. January 17 is a national day of service, and marks the 25th anniversary of the federal holiday.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1843 & up -- Spain: 6-Nt., 2-City w/Air & Wine TastingsGreat Value Vacations
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita