News Stories Tagged philadelphia
Through the New Year, history-rich, foodie-friendly Philadelphia's calendar is chockablock with special events, attractions, and distinctly Philly activities for fun-seekers and families of all kinds.
Philly comes back to life after the summer, rolling out a red carpet of happenings all autumn long. You can't pick a wrong weekend to check out its new eats, sleeps, and fests.
Philly's dining scene is exploding with fresh local and imported talent as well as old favorites reopening in new spaces. Here are the 7 places you should book a table at right now.
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be top of your list for a quick getaway this year. Just don't leave without these style picks.
It's almost that time of year again, when we run around in search of Irish bars at which to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. Put down the green beer—we found the best Irish pubs in the states.
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
Philly's newest eateries are sure to make the heart of any foodie thump a little harder. From food trucks to gastropubs, here's where to nosh now.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
Set to open tomorrow, the new Hotel Monaco will be the only hotel in Philly with unobstructed views of Independence Hall. What's more, its bringing a touch of cool to the city's Historic district.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $96 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $119 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $155-$170 -- Weekends at 4-Star Downtown Dallas HotelSheraton Dallas Hotel