News Stories Tagged pet travel
Who says wanderlust is a strictly human affliction? Plenty of our four-legged friends feel the pull of adventure, and it's high time we honored the ones who inspire us to ditch our kibble and hit the road.
Leaving Fido at home? Don't have a Fido, but wish you did? Whatever your status, pairing up with a pet on the road can make for some thrilling adventures, from dog-sledding to swimming with pigs.
Whether you travel for business or pleasure, sometimes it is the little extras that make you feel more at home. And one of our favorite hotel perks are adorable resident pet mascots, from dogs to ducks.
To celebrate National Pet Day, we're letting our furry friends take over. The first order of business is convincing you, the traveler, to plan a pet-friendly road trip now that the weather's warming up. Here's plenty of inspiration.
Traveling with pets doesn't have to be a headache. Check out our tips for easy pet transportation that will keep both you and Fido happy.
You may think you've been spoiling your four-legged friend, but compared to the deluxe treatment they get at the D Pet Hotel, you've just been keeping little Fido hostage.
What!? You've never been to LA!? (If you've ever gotten that reaction, this post is for you.) Just back from a first trip to the city of angels, our correspondent has got much to report, but more to go back and see.
The world's cutest dog's career has skyrocketed—with more than 5 million "likes" on Facebook, Boo is now Virgin America's 'Official Pet Liaison.' This video shows just how sweet that title really is.
Whether you are hitting the road with your teacup poodle, a tomcat, or a terrier, there's some special considerations to find the best lodging for you and your pet. While more and more hotels are becoming pet-friendly, you still need to be prepared for the following.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $159 -- Philadelphia: Old City Hotel thru Summer, Save 35%Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- $2999 -- Australia 11-Nt. Trip incl. Sydney & Uluru w/AirAspire Down Under
- $206 & up -- 4-Star Westin Times Square Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin New York At Times Square
- $77 & up -- Summer on Florida's Gulf Coast, up to 60% OffThe Beaches of Fort Myers-Sanibel
- $174 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 45%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $110-$135 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort