News Stories Tagged peru
There's a lot to see in Cusco, home to countless layers of history, and today a fascinating cultural melting pot.
From a tasting tour of China's regional cuisines to a cooking class in the foothills of Morocco's Atlas Mountains, these 10 food-focused experiences are among the tastiest in the world.
A cocktail with an illustrious history, the Pisco Sour is the official drink of Peru. Here are five great places to try one in Lima.
The luxe Libertador Palacio del Inka opened in Cusco this summer, offering a posh home base for travelers looking to explore the Sacred Valley. Think gorgeous views, local cuisine, and plush extras.
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
Lima's cool Barranco neighborhood—filled with galleries, bars, and restaurants—just got even more enticing with the opening of the intimate Arts Boutique Hotel B.
If all you've seen is Machu Picchu, Cusco, and Lima, you've only scratched the surface of Peru. Why not tack on a little beach time in the chill surf town of Mancora?
Most trips to Peru include a stop at the awe-inspiring Incan city of Machu Picchu. But no trip should just stop there—from Huayna Picchu to indigenous communities, here are our other must-do's.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Trekking and looking stylish rarely go hand in hand. But with a few key pieces that would go as well in your gym at home as they do on the trail, it's not impossible.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $2344 & up -- Scotland: Castles & Manors Weeklong Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $239 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort w/Wi-FiBookIt.com
- $299-$389 -- South Fla.: Condo-Style Resort, 20% OffPalm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com