News Stories Tagged pennsylvania
Halloween attractions and events around the country are upping the adrenaline ante with freaky outings that will really make you earn your candy this year. Here are our five favorites for unforgettable thrills and chills.
Philly comes back to life after the summer, rolling out a red carpet of happenings all autumn long. You can't pick a wrong weekend to check out its new eats, sleeps, and fests.
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be top of your list for a quick getaway this year. Just don't leave without these style picks.
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familiar with. But, as author Andrew Carroll discovered, some major events in our country's history happened at places that have long been forgotten.
Next month marks the sesquicentennial (say that 3 times fast) anniversary of the Civil War battle at Gettysburg. To celebrate, here's a guide to the key sights on the field and in town.
From the LPGA in sunny Oahu to the PGA championship in rustic Rochester, New York, here's our cheat sheet for the year's best tournaments - and what to do when you're not on the course.
Set to open tomorrow, the new Hotel Monaco will be the only hotel in Philly with unobstructed views of Independence Hall. What's more, its bringing a touch of cool to the city's Historic district.
There are some 85 million moms in the U.S.—and they all deserve some extra-special parental pampering this Mother’s Day, May 13. From spa-ing to shopping, or cruising to cooking, these five Mother's Day getaways in the U.S. and Caribbean have got you covered.
The Barnes Foundation, home to Albert Barnes' extensive collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and early Modern art, is set to debut its new Philadelphia campus. To commemorate the opening, visitors can enjoy free admission for ten days, from opening day May 19th to the 28th, and a Memorial Day weekend-long schedule of celebratory festivities.
Residents in Philadelphia are raising money in hopes that the success of New York's High Line fuels plans to build a similar structure in their city.
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial will commemorate this tumultuous period in U.S. history. Many of the famous battlefields and historic sites are preserved for today's visitors.
For most people, Pittsburgh conjures up images of steel workers or the NFL’s Steelers. But, the "City of Bridges" is also a great place for a summer weekend getaway. There's no better way to experience where Pittsburgh has been and where it’s going than with a food-focused tour through its diverse neighborhoods.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5825 & up -- Bora Bora 5-Star Vacation w/Air, Kids Fly FreeTahiti.com
- $2345* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1519 & up -- Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bali 6 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk