News Stories Tagged paris
There are endless things to do in Paris, yes, but there are also endlessly charming and worthwhile destinations to escape to just an hour away. Spend a day (or weekend!) in one of these top picks.
Fashion-savvy jetsetters, take note—the winter doldrums haven't dampened Paris's fashion spirit. The City of Light has a slew of new boutiques, from a fragrance concept shop to a Lagerfeld outpost.
There is no lack of great and iconic monuments to discover in Paris, but so much of the city's real heart and history can be found in its smaller museums and their charming gardens.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon. Bypass the stress of trip planning thanks to our expert tips, and find the right trip for your post-wedding cool-down.
There's no end to the wonderful things to see, do, eat, and drink in the City of Light. But take a day to explore the towns around it and you'll discover even more art, culture, and cuisine. And you'll be back by dinner.
Feeling a little down on your luck? Was 2012 not your year? Check out our list of the luckiest places on earth, and maybe you'll turn your luck around in the new year.
As the holidays approach, every city and town is getting in the spirit. With ice skating rinks, charming markets, and beautiful window displays, this is a local's take on what Paris is like at Christmastime.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
Paula McLain, author of The Paris Wife discovered that, despite some fears that it would have been long gone, the Hemingway's Paris is alive, well, and easy to find.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand