News Stories Tagged palm springs
Design enthusiasts flock here year-round to cozy up in retro motels or sip martinis at throwback eateries.
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure. Here she divulges the places she loves most and returns to often.
Don't call it a comeback. Palm Springs is the place to vacation with its desert chic vibe, Hollywood history, and these effortlessly cool stays. Pick one (or them all) for a weekend in the sun.
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels. Alex Calderwood defines the hip boutique hotel experience in cities across the country and he has a lot to teach us on the art of cool.
What exactly is Joshua Tree? Exactly. This desert land is where places like Hicksville and Pappy & Harriets can exist. Its an expansive National Park. And it begs for a day or two of your time.
We're experts on this particular patch of desert, and we keep coming back for more. So, want to know how we do the mod, Sinatra-approved desert paradise that is Palm Springs?
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
Skip the beach this summer and head to the hottest destinations around. Literally.The Southwest is more than hot temps, it offers hip, luxurious, and food- and art-filled getaways—with great summer deals.
Joie de Vivre’s bright new boutique brand Saguaro debuted its second property in Palm Springs earlier this month. Much like its sister property, The Saguaro Scottsdale, the Palm Springs outpost flaunts a psychedelic rainbow color scheme inspired by the desert’s indigenous wildflowers. Located in the Coachella Valley and backed by the San Jacinto Mountains, the three-story complex surrounds a colorful courtyard pool (yellow loungers and umbrellas, orange towels, pink tables) and houses 245 rooms that overlook East Canyon Drive, the mountains, or the pool. Best of all, rates are super affordable.
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway with one of these 10 best spa trips around the globe. From mountain escapes in the forests of New Hampshire and New York to traditional Thai massages in exotic Bangkok to a Great Barrier Reef-neighboring oasis Down Under (and beyond), our list of top spa trips offers a variety of tempting destinations wide and far that are primed for some well-deserved R & R.
With the stress of flight schedules and time zone changes, travelers often arrive at their destinations desperate for sleep. It's no wonder hotels got hip to offering guests special packages to help them snooze. From sleep concierges to in-room studies that unlock why you're lacking shut-eye, here are our top picks for places that give you a good shot of waking up refreshed.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1198 & up -- New Zealand Fares from LA w/Tahiti StopoverAir Tahiti Nui
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $75* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort