News Stories Tagged outdoors
There's no reason not to hit the slopes once the snow has melted away on the foothills—Park City's hills are alive in the summer, where music and outdoor fun abounds.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back home. Trek the mountainous terrain and enjoy cool sea breezes in these style picks.
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Whether you're a semi-pro cyclist or a Spin class devotee, hotels and travel companies are offering packages and experiences with gear heads in mind. Here are 5 choice bike-lover holidays.
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, the NY side, or both. Here's how to check it out from every angle.
The desert landscapes of Utah's five national parks are astounding. Overwhelming, even. So we're here to help you navigate this state's embarrassment of outdoor riches with a long weekend itinerary.
You've heard of glamping, we're sure. The mix of the great outdoors with hotel-style creature comforts has been around for a while, but its really gaining ground lately. Here's a primer on getting it right.
The charms of Sanibel, a subtropical barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico off Florida's southwestern coast, are many. From a wildlife refuge to pontoon boat cruises, here are five ways to discover them.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $1793 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $7399 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise w/Excursions & R/T AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises