News Stories Tagged outdoors
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back home. Trek the mountainous terrain and enjoy cool sea breezes in these style picks.
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Whether you're a semi-pro cyclist or a Spin class devotee, hotels and travel companies are offering packages and experiences with gear heads in mind. Here are 5 choice bike-lover holidays.
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, the NY side, or both. Here's how to check it out from every angle.
The desert landscapes of Utah's five national parks are astounding. Overwhelming, even. So we're here to help you navigate this state's embarrassment of outdoor riches with a long weekend itinerary.
You've heard of glamping, we're sure. The mix of the great outdoors with hotel-style creature comforts has been around for a while, but its really gaining ground lately. Here's a primer on getting it right.
The charms of Sanibel, a subtropical barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico off Florida's southwestern coast, are many. From a wildlife refuge to pontoon boat cruises, here are five ways to discover them.
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls to travelers for its stunning natural beauty. Consider this your jumping off point.
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands off the coast of Ireland. Think craggy cliffs, lush green landscapes, and Bronze Age ruins.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- American Airlines Introduces New Transcontinental Fleet
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Mexico City's Coolest New Museums
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $689 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $152 -- Maui Beachfront Resort in Winter, 45% OffAston Kaanapali Shores
- $679 & up -- 3-Nt. Cancun All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, 50% OffLiberty Travel
- $585 & up -- Puerto Rico 4-Star Trip w/Air & $150 CreditLiberty Travel
- $895 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays