News Stories Tagged outdoors
From celeb-chef chasers to fried oyster aficionados, and from country music fans to hot air balloon adventurers, there are festivals for everyone—these are the ones that are worth traveling for.
Israel is often visited for the holy sites of the world's three major monotheistic religions. But with great food, thrilling adventures, and a thriving nightlife scene, there's much more to this diverse country.
Running on holiday really does kill two birds with one stone—you'll stay fit, of course, but you also have the chance to zoom past iconic sights in a unique way. Here are three ways to go.
Don't let the Big Island's moniker deter you from exploring this diverse, lush, and fantastic island. Take our tips (and a map) and you'll be tackling its peaks and creeks in no time.
It's almost time to ditch the heavy coats and celebrate the spring (hey, we can dream). Get out of the city and enjoy the sun with inspiration from our handy list.
It should come as no surprise that New Zealand is a playground for the truly adventurous. We're not talking spirited hikes and jet-skiing here, we're talking 200-ft free falls and tandem hand-gliding.
Heading to Beaver Creek, there's usually little wonder as to what you'll do—ski or snowboard. But there are tons of reasons to snap out of those skis and explore.
Find the best of Australia in an unexpected place—from exploring Cradle Mountain to taking in some culture at the MONA, you can do it all on a side trip to Tasmania.
This is not your average beach day. This time, you're hitting the sand in inclement weather on purpose. Storm watching in Tofino, BC, is a spectacular show on a wind-swept stage.
Rugged and remote, the Australian Outback is not for the faint of heart. But for those willing to put in a little work, what you'll find is all reward—stunning backdrops and fantastic adventures.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com