News Stories Tagged oregon
With just more than a month left of summer, it's high time we all hit the beach. From a hidden gem in Southern California to kid-friendly tide pools in Oregon, here are our picks for the West Coast's best.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
When it comes to traveling for food, you're not gonna do much better than following Mario Batali's advice. From Michigan to Mexico, and well beyond, here are his top spots to travel this summer.
We wait impatiently for summer to roll around for the delicious fruits (and vegetables) it brings. So why not celebrate the bounty at these choice festivals along the West Coast?
No matter your starting point, there are ample opportunities to hit the road this summer from coast to coast. Pack up the car, instead of the carry-on, and take one of our top summer road trip picks.
Glamping—glamorous camping—lets you enjoy the great outdoors without giving up little daily luxuries. Here are our six favorite glamping spots across the country.
Oregon’s low-key Willamette Valley Wine Country has welcomed a lovely new hotel in downtown Eugene. The Inn at the 5th debuted in February around the corner from Eugene’s famous Fifth Street Public Market, and only a few blocks from the Amtrak station, providing easy access to increasingly cool Portland.
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation. At these luxury hotels, ladies can pamper themselves while indulging in the finest spa treatments. Just make sure you don’t enjoy yourself so much that you miss work on Monday!
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Will you be toasting the new year with a frosty microbrew? For a beer-centric trip, consider Portland, affectionately deemed "Beervana" and "Munich on the Willamette," and boasting 35 craft breweries operating within city limits. It is close to impossible to pick favorites, but if we had to—here are some of our top picks ranging from traditional to avant-garde.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $159 -- Downtown Pittsburgh Convention Center Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $599 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $106 & up -- SF: Union Square Hotel w/Breakfast, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $111-$159 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $152 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Winter Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line