News Stories Tagged oregon
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Think outside the tailgate. These five conference favorites get top rankings from sports fans with both Heisman and Michelin on the brain. In these college towns, great sports meet great food.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
America's quirkiest culinary capital has bars and restaurants to spare, but insiders look outside of Portland's city limits for tasty tours like no other. Here are five itineraries to satisfy every craving.
Feast Portland, celebrating Oregon's enviable bounty, offers more than just tasty treats. Cooking contests, butchery classes, and lectures make this an event for more than just your stomach.
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
With more than 200 vineyards, a string of charming towns, and countless great eateries, Oregon's Willamette Valley draws in more and more wine lovers each year. Just don't call it the next Napa.
Even before you get to Portland, there are a few things you know you'll find—great food and drink and cool, design-y shops. Here are the best of those and more from local and renowned chef Jenn Louis.
To say Oregon has a lot of breweries would be a huge understatement. Portland alone has more than 50—here are the best beer stops in the state, and what to taste when you get there.
There's something romantic about lighthouses, isn't there? Now's the time of year to voyage to some of the country's most beautiful, from California to Alabama, illuminated by the colors of fall.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $459 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $729 & up -- Adults Only: Luxe Jamaica All-Incl. Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $119 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 40%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $109 -- Jersey Shore: Historic Oceanfront Hotel, 50% OffThe Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
- $669 & up -- Aruba 4-Night Beach Getaway w/Air, Save $650CheapCaribbean.com