News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $895* & up -- Europe Fares on Sale from 5 U.S. Cities, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $2799 -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise w/Tips, $200 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $77 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Spa Passes, Save 45%Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
- $81 & up -- Niagara Falls: 4-Star Waterpark Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
- $2999 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $129 -- Puerto Rico 4-Star Golf Resort, 35% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company