News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $165 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $4099 -- Australia: Uluru, Darwin & Thala Beach Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $1190 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, Car & 4-Star HotelsGreat Value Vacations
- $1788 -- Escorted Ireland Trip incl. Dublin & Castle StayCIE Tours International
- $99 -- Palm Springs 4-Diamond Resort w/$25 Credit, 45% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $109 -- Hawaii: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 25%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani