News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $129 & up -- 4-Star Charlotte Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffThe Westin Charlotte
- $899* & up -- Fly to Asia on Luxe Airline (Roundtrip)Cathay Pacific
- $139 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 55% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $3560 -- Kenya Safari incl. Masai Mara, Save $500Africa Adventure Consultants
- $125-$129 -- Suite: 4-Star Orlando Hotel w/Shuttles, 60% OffBookIt.com