News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $183-$269 -- Holidays at Midtown Manhattan Westin, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $3009 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand