News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $325 & up -- Waikiki: 5-Star Royal Hawaiian Resort, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $52 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com