News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $218 & up -- Oahu: 4-Star North Shore Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $169 & up -- Cancun: 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Spa CreditBookIt.com
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $104 & up -- Los Cabos: All-Incl. Beachfront 'Riu' ResortBookIt.com
- $294 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' incl. $300 in CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona