News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $400 Off -- Fly to Australia on 'World's Best Airline' (R/T)Cathay Pacific
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board