News Stories Tagged ohio
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
With a burgeoning food and nightlife scene, along with plenty of young folk driving its modern renaissance, Sandusky, Ohio is gaining ground on established hip outposts like Brooklyn and Portland.
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh local fashion offerings, and truly outstanding breakfasts (not to mention desserts).
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- $179 -- Bahamas 3-Night Cruise on Princess, Save $150Princess Cruises
- $2696* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $99-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $1999 -- Hawaii 15-Nt. Cruise w/Balcony, Tips & $400 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $589 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. 4-Nt. Vacation; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland