News Stories Tagged oahu
Boutiques in Oahu, Kauai, and Maui are dedicating ample rack space to the best pieces from local designers. Whether searching for a strappy evening dress or a sleek swimsuit, we've got your shopping needs covered with a curated list of places to hit.
Ala Moana Center—Hawaii's largest shopping center and one of the largest outdoor shopping centers in the world—is a dining mecca, with nearly 90 cafés, restaurants, and sweet shops. Our local correspondent knows the best places to dine, and shares her top picks.
If you’re ready to escape the chilly weather for warm sand, tropical cocktails, and stunning sunsets, we can help. As winter descends on the mainland, Fodor’s is turning its sights to warm-weather escapes, delivering dazzling weekly deals. Here are three of the Hawaii packages we like best.
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
We’re giving five lucky Fodorites the chance to win two tickets to see the film, copies of The Descendants book and Fodor’s Hawaii 2012, and more.
Hawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December.
The waves switch with the seasons—they're big in the south in summer, and they loom large in the north in winter. If you're not experienced, it's best to go where the waves are small. There will be fewer crowds, and your chances of injury dramatically decrease.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1499 -- Asia 14-Night Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & $200 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $159 -- Caribbean 5-Night Cruise on Princess w/$50 CreditPrincess Cruises
- $2696* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $119-$160 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $179 -- Bahamas 3-Night Cruise on Princess, Save $150Princess Cruises
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale