News Stories Tagged oahu
Boutiques in Oahu, Kauai, and Maui are dedicating ample rack space to the best pieces from local designers. Whether searching for a strappy evening dress or a sleek swimsuit, we've got your shopping needs covered with a curated list of places to hit.
Ala Moana Center—Hawaii's largest shopping center and one of the largest outdoor shopping centers in the world—is a dining mecca, with nearly 90 cafés, restaurants, and sweet shops. Our local correspondent knows the best places to dine, and shares her top picks.
If you’re ready to escape the chilly weather for warm sand, tropical cocktails, and stunning sunsets, we can help. As winter descends on the mainland, Fodor’s is turning its sights to warm-weather escapes, delivering dazzling weekly deals. Here are three of the Hawaii packages we like best.
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
We’re giving five lucky Fodorites the chance to win two tickets to see the film, copies of The Descendants book and Fodor’s Hawaii 2012, and more.
Hawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December.
The waves switch with the seasons—they're big in the south in summer, and they loom large in the north in winter. If you're not experienced, it's best to go where the waves are small. There will be fewer crowds, and your chances of injury dramatically decrease.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $399 -- Oceanview: Canada & New England Cruise w/$125 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1359 & up -- Barcelona & Ibiza 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $606* & up -- Fly to Peru from Across the US (R/T incl. Tax)LAN
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $389 & up -- 5-Night Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines