News Stories Tagged nightlife
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trousers is a good sign), at least one man over sixty drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $1199 -- Balcony: 2015 Alaska Cruises w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $135-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $7099 & up -- 4-Star Australia 11-Night Vacation w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview