News Stories Tagged nightlife
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trousers is a good sign), at least one man over sixty drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $299 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com