News Stories Tagged new zealand
Touring wineries in New Zealand is easy, as vineyards stretch virtually the entire length of the country. You're never far from a tasting room. Here are a few of our favorite stops, from grandiose modern wineries to rustic barns.
So you want an adventure, but you'd rather not take out a new life insurance policy. Never fear! From kayaking Puerto Rico's bioluminescent lake to exploring Angkor Wat, here are our favorite adventure trips for 2010.
New Zealand editor Stephanie Butler recently spent a day touring Marlborough's wineries by bike, learning that it is an excellent alternative to the ubiquitous winery tour-by-van operations throughout New Zealand, and a great way to save some cash. Still, the idea of wine and bikes had images of scraped knees and broken sunglasses (or worse) dancing through her head.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20% Off -- Ends 10/30: First Class Fare Sale on All RoutesVirgin America
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $69 -- Orlando Resort near Disney w/Parking, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $100 & up -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Hotel in Winter, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $894 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand