News Stories Tagged new zealand
The first airline to instate "pay-as-you-weigh" pricing is now placing heavier passengers in roomier, couch-like seats. What do you think?
New Zealand's natural bounty beckons travelers into the great outdoors. But that doesn't mean that you've got to rough it. These lodges combine Mother Nature with superb cuisine and plush amenities.
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
With the upcoming December release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, New Zealand will again be top of mind. Hunt down those real-life fantastical scenes on our Hobbit trail.
It should come as no surprise that New Zealand is a playground for the truly adventurous. We're not talking spirited hikes and jet-skiing here, we're talking 200-ft free falls and tandem hand-gliding.
Follow in the footsteps of J.R.R. Tolkien's Bilbo Baggins and discover the charms of Middle Earth with Crystal Cruises during a one-of-a-kind shore excursion in Tauranga, New Zealand.
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering. So why not do it on vacation? These are our top trips for feeling (nearly) invincible.
Close your eyes and picture the rustic romance of waking up to a day of foraging, cooking classes, horseback riding, and lazing by the pool. Now read on to find our favorite farm stays around the world.
Hawaiian Airlines announced that it will begin offering routes to and from Honolulu and Auckland, New Zealand in spring 2013. They'll be the only US carrier to offer routes direct from the US to New Zealand.
Heli-hiking, which essentially borrows from the heli-skiing concept—minus the skis or the snow—is quickly gaining ground as the latest bucket-list adventure trend. Here, a few spots where you can fly high on your next hiking trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways