News Stories Tagged new york
Our five favorite summertime activities in New York City.
For rustic accommodations, first-rate breweries, and stunning landscapes, set your sights on the Catskills for your next trip.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
Got a rock hound in the family? Consider taking a vacation to one of these geologically rich destinations and you might just find enough gemstones or precious metals to pay for the trip, because you can keep everything you find. Youâ€™re guaranteed to have a good time looking—even if you come up empty.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Yesterday's debut of the Viceroy New York marks the luxury-minded hotel chain's first property in the city, and offers yet another reason to head to the Big Apple this fall.
This week we put our heads together to deliver some intel on a few truly excellent locations. We're definitely in a New York state of mind and California dreaming with some serious Caribbean fever.
The NYC Wine and Food Festival is around the corner. And that means household name chefs from across the country will descend on the Big Apple for four food-filled days. We caught up with three major players to get the inside track.
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
Peter Beard has been chronicling Africa for nearly 50 years (not to mention photographing models, first ladies, and pop artists in the meantime). Jetsetting between his tented settlement in Kenya and homes in Manhattan and Montauk, he's easily one of our most iconic Tastemakers.
The Quin Hotel opens this fall with trendy amenities on prime Midtown real estate, along with tempting eats and sips at their Wayfarer restaurant and a chic, artsy-luxe look.
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, the NY side, or both. Here's how to check it out from every angle.
The sidewalks, parks, and rooftops of NYC brim with excitement once the mercury rises. Here are the best reasons to explore the Big Apple this summer, from food to fests to sports.
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Daniel Humm and Will Guidara are conquering New York's food scene in a whole new way—by celebrating and defining NY cuisine. They've traveled, cooked, and dined around the world, but found their inspiration closer to home.
It's a challenge to find yourself with nothing to do in NYCy, so much so that choosing just a handful of things to cram into a weekend seems impossible. Here are four ways to tackle the Big Apple.
It's almost time to ditch the heavy coats and celebrate the spring (hey, we can dream). Get out of the city and enjoy the sun with inspiration from our handy list.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1901 & up -- Italy: Tuscan Castle & Rome Villa Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $119 & up -- D.C. Area Hotel Sale thru Summer, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $119-$159 -- Dallas: Downtown West End Hotel, Save $100Renaissance Dallas Hotel
- $2508 & up -- Athens 5-Star Trip w/Delphi, Cruise & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $79 & up -- St. Petersburg Oceanfront Resort, Reg. $181BookIt.com
- $93 & up -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort