News Stories Tagged new york city
New York City will be bursting with activity this spring, with new hotels, restaurants, and more. Pack a weekend bag and add these highlights to your itinerary.
New York City itself has been called the fifth major SATC character, alongside the fabulous foursome of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda. Take a tour of Manhattan with this guide to the television series' most memorable real-life locations.... We've organized these sights geographically, from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up to Central Park. To take your own SATC walk, choose either the downtown or uptown half of our list—or be ready to hop in several taxis along the way, as there's a lot of ground to cover!...
DowntownStaten Island Ferry. On the girls' way home from a firefighter-calendar contest in Staten Island, Charlotte announces to the world, "I'm getting married this year!" The 25-minute boat ride gives great views of lower Manhattan, and best of all, it's free! Departs from the Whitehall Street Ferry Terminal... Century 21. Carrie hits this legendary discount department store while serving jury duty. Braving the bare-bones dressing rooms and scoring a terrific deal...
New York City’s hotel boom shows no sign of cooling off. These 10 new hotels will transport you to a new, New York state of mind.
The best time to duck into a café during a New York winter is anytime. Here, we call out five of our favorite inviting spots.
Located near Bryant Park, the property was designed in part for extended-stay travelers who need a place to crash while house-hunting or working in the city.
At some of NYC's top spas, there are a growing number of unique services being added to the standard mix. Here's a rundown of our five favorite standout spa treatments with a twist.
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. Discover the historic, heady beverage at small-batch tasting rooms and craft distilleries nationwide.
If you're craving an exotic foodies' getaway, New York may be just the ticket—here are five Manhattan neighborhoods where culinary culture is best tasted.
A terminal upgrade for Signature Flight Support, the world's largest operator of private-aviation facilities, has been unveiled at Newark Liberty International Airport to the delight of NYC-area jet-setters.
Tourists and lifelong New Yorkers alike can appreciate the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art on Fifth Avenue. But there’s plenty to see in the Met besides the Titians, Monets, and Renoirs. Some of the less-visited wings hold some amazing surprises, from a replica of a Ming Dynasty courtyard to the facade of a bank rescued from destruction.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $170 & up -- Savannah 4-Diamond Forsyth Park Hotel, 45% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
- $299 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines