News Stories Tagged new york city
Though New York City has seen plenty of change since Prohibition, there are still classic bars, hotels, and concert halls that can make you feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
Whether you live in New York or are planning your next visit, these are the city’s hottest new restaurants you should be making reservations at now.
New York City will be bursting with activity this spring, with new hotels, restaurants, and more. Pack a weekend bag and add these highlights to your itinerary.
New York City itself has been called the fifth major SATC character, alongside the fabulous foursome of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda. Take a tour of Manhattan with this guide to the television series' most memorable real-life locations.... We've organized these sights geographically, from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up to Central Park. To take your own SATC walk, choose either the downtown or uptown half of our list—or be ready to hop in several taxis along the way, as there's a lot of ground to cover!...
DowntownStaten Island Ferry. On the girls' way home from a firefighter-calendar contest in Staten Island, Charlotte announces to the world, "I'm getting married this year!" The 25-minute boat ride gives great views of lower Manhattan, and best of all, it's free! Departs from the Whitehall Street Ferry Terminal... Century 21. Carrie hits this legendary discount department store while serving jury duty. Braving the bare-bones dressing rooms and scoring a terrific deal...
New York City’s hotel boom shows no sign of cooling off. These 10 new hotels will transport you to a new, New York state of mind.
The best time to duck into a café during a New York winter is anytime. Here, we call out five of our favorite inviting spots.
Located near Bryant Park, the property was designed in part for extended-stay travelers who need a place to crash while house-hunting or working in the city.
At some of NYC's top spas, there are a growing number of unique services being added to the standard mix. Here's a rundown of our five favorite standout spa treatments with a twist.
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. Discover the historic, heady beverage at small-batch tasting rooms and craft distilleries nationwide.
If you're craving an exotic foodies' getaway, New York may be just the ticket—here are five Manhattan neighborhoods where culinary culture is best tasted.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $2899 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $199-$205 -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa