News Stories Tagged new york city
Looking for classic elegance in the city? Head to one of these NYC bars and eateries for a taste of service and sophistication from a bygone era.
New York's taverns, bars, and cafes have harbored the city's literati for over 200 years. Check out the city's top 10 watering holes for poets and writers.
Warm weather means outdoor meals in gardens and on patios and terraces. Here's our list of New York City's best spots for al fresco dining.
Broadway's spring season boasts an impressive line-up of high-octane musicals, literary revivals, and a presidential docudrama.
From Midtown West to Queens, here are some of the hottest new hotels in New York City.
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and vegetables on their rooftops. Here are 10 of the best roof-to-table restaurants in the U.S.
Though New York City has seen plenty of change since Prohibition, there are still classic bars, hotels, and concert halls that can make you feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
Whether you live in New York or are planning your next visit, these are the city’s hottest new restaurants you should be making reservations at now.
New York City will be bursting with activity this spring, with new hotels, restaurants, and more. Pack a weekend bag and add these highlights to your itinerary.
New York City itself has been called the fifth major SATC character, alongside the fabulous foursome of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda. Take a tour of Manhattan with this guide to the television series' most memorable real-life locations.... We've organized these sights geographically, from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up to Central Park. To take your own SATC walk, choose either the downtown or uptown half of our list—or be ready to hop in several taxis along the way, as there's a lot of ground to cover!...
DowntownStaten Island Ferry. On the girls' way home from a firefighter-calendar contest in Staten Island, Charlotte announces to the world, "I'm getting married this year!" The 25-minute boat ride gives great views of lower Manhattan, and best of all, it's free! Departs from the Whitehall Street Ferry Terminal... Century 21. Carrie hits this legendary discount department store while serving jury duty. Braving the bare-bones dressing rooms and scoring a terrific deal...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $830* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $129-$149 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Resort, Save $110Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com