News Stories Tagged new york
Brooklyn's hippest 'hoods are undoubtedly Williamsburg and Greenpoint, some might say to a fault. But that translates to seriously good food, shops you've never heard of, and fantastically fun stuff to see.
Weekend getaways from NYC run the gamut from ultra-luxe to off-the-grid. So if nature, quirky shops, and local arts are your thing, look no further than Phoenicia, a small town hidden in the Catskills.
It might look like an unassuming, if incredibly charming, farm stand with fresh herbs and produce to spare. But Briermere Farms has a delicious and detour-worthy secret.
Just because you're not on the road to London right now doesn't mean you've got to sit on the couch watching the games. Get inspired and take one of these Olympics-inspired getaways.
Nora Ephron turned her characters and places into icons from Harry and Sally to Riverside Park. To honor her passing, we put together a short list of places she made extra magical in New York City.
Brooklyn is fast becoming even cooler than Manhattan. Don't believe us? Check out our insider's guide to two of this big borough's neighborhoods. And stay tuned: Williamsburg and Greenpoint are next.
The Hamptons are all beaches and be-seen, but just in case you packed your weekend bag with too few designer duds or a lackluster hostess gift, here are the area's five chicest boutiques.
New Yorkers are not ones to rest when it comes to finding their favorite watering hole. Chosen wisely, here are five of our top spots for tossing back a refreshing summer tipple or two.
We know you've seen (and swooned over) the new Great Gatsby trailer. But we're upping the ante with this full-on Gatsby-inspired itinerary on Long Island's "Gold Coast." You're welcome.
Where are you off to this long weekend? We turned to you to see what's on tap this Memorial Day, and you delivered from fantastic activity ideas (BBQ and bocce, anyone?) to international jaunts.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com