News Stories Tagged new york
Reconnect with nature amidst fertile riverfront lands framed by low mountains and generously dotted with wine trails, agro-restaurants, charming small towns, art havens, and historical sites.
Our five favorite summertime activities in New York City.
For rustic accommodations, first-rate breweries, and stunning landscapes, set your sights on the Catskills for your next trip.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
Got a rock hound in the family? Consider taking a vacation to one of these geologically rich destinations and you might just find enough gemstones or precious metals to pay for the trip, because you can keep everything you find. Youâ€™re guaranteed to have a good time looking—even if you come up empty.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Yesterday's debut of the Viceroy New York marks the luxury-minded hotel chain's first property in the city, and offers yet another reason to head to the Big Apple this fall.
This week we put our heads together to deliver some intel on a few truly excellent locations. We're definitely in a New York state of mind and California dreaming with some serious Caribbean fever.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- $289-$359 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $1199 -- Hawaiian Islands 15-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises
- $89 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale into Fall, Save 50%New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $699 -- Andes & South America 16-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona