News Stories Tagged new york
There are plenty of year-round activities to enjoy, the weather can be quite pleasant depending on the month, and hotel rates drop dramatically.
With average hotel rates approaching $300 a night, New York City isn't cheap. But that doesn't mean there aren't affordable places to stay.
Reconnect with nature amidst fertile riverfront lands framed by low mountains and generously dotted with wine trails, agro-restaurants, charming small towns, art havens, and historical sites.
Our five favorite summertime activities in New York City.
For rustic accommodations, first-rate breweries, and stunning landscapes, set your sights on the Catskills for your next trip.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
Got a rock hound in the family? Consider taking a vacation to one of these geologically rich destinations and you might just find enough gemstones or precious metals to pay for the trip, because you can keep everything you find. Youâ€™re guaranteed to have a good time looking—even if you come up empty.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- $1499 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclusive Europe River Cruise, $2100 OffCMV River Cruises
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $145* & up -- Flights to Portland, Ore., into Spring (R/T)Travel Portland
- $55 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanview Suite, Save 35%Hotel Blue
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Punta Cana Beach Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com