News Stories Tagged new orleans
If you're planning to eat a muffuletta, a huge sandwich made with Italian meats and cheese, at Central Grocery—the best place for them in New Orleans—you'll probably do fine with half, unless you're absolutely starving!
If there's a line for table service at Café du Monde in New Orleans, head around back to the takeout window and get your coffee and beignets to go. Enjoy them overlooking the river right next door, or in Jackson Square.
New Orleans is as ready as ever to laissez les bon temps rouler, or "let the good times roll," and indulge in the annual bacchanal of Mardi Gras and its grand finale on Fat Tuesday, which falls on February 21 this year. But book soon—many hotels are already sold out.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
The most noteworthy hotel news of the week is collected here, from the planned two-plus-year renovation of the Paris Ritz to the reopening of LA's Hotel Bel-Air.
What could be spookier than traipsing through a graveyard on All Hallows Eve? Visit one of these six famous cemeteries—all top attractions as the final resting places of several famous people—for a dose of fright-filled fun.
Chicory was once used to stretch coffee supplies. Today, New Orleanians add the roasted root in their coffee to add richness and smoothness to the drink. Try it at CC's Coffehouse, French Market, Luzianne, and Café Du Monde.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
New Orleans is known for lots of local flavor, from pralines and po' boys to beignets and chicory coffee. But for a true taste of Mardi Gras, you can't beat a King Cake. If you aren't traveling to New Orleans soon, you can even order one today to have the celebration come to you before Fat Tuesday on March 8th.
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Washington State
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- $155* & up -- Flights to Palm Springs into July (Roundtrip)Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $103-$116 -- Weekends at 4-Star Houston Hotel near GalleriaWestin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $143 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $1788 -- Escorted Ireland Trip incl. Dublin & Castle StayCIE Tours International
- $149 -- NY: Long Island Sound Escape w/Cocktails, Save 40%Danfords Hotel & Marina
- $159 -- Philadelphia: Old City Hotel thru Summer, Save 35%Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District