News Stories Tagged new orleans
What would a trip to the Big Easy be without some mouthwatering food and strong, delicious cocktails? Take this insider's lead and hit these spots to watch in NOLA now.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
The city may be famous for Mardi Gras, but it's Jazz Fest that really trumpets The Big Easy's musical heritage. So head south from April 27 through May 6 for the true sounds, and tastes, of New Orleans.
Make the most of spring and get away to enjoy the season’s best fêtes and festivals. Herewith three not-to-miss spring celebrations, along with a few hotel deals to help you on your way.
Cities countrywide are flaunting their Gaelic glory in the form of parades, parties, and pub crawls in the coming week. From the longest-running Patty’s parade in Boston to a New Orleans-style celebration and more, here are the top 5 places to shamrock it out stateside this year.
The New Orleans festival season is in full swing—Mardi Gras finishes up this week, the French Quarter Fest gets going April 12–15, and Jazz Fest hits town April 27–May 6 with an amazing lineup. Whether you’re headed south for the fêtes or anytime in between, there’s a new French Quarter hotel worth checking out (er, into).
If you're in New Orleans today for Mardi Gras, and all that bead-gathering has made you hungry, head to the aptly named Upperline Restaurant, on Upperline Street for a true taste of the Big Easy.
Before Beyoncé went into Blue Ivy baby-momma mode, Destiny’s Child taught the world an important lesson: When the ladies leave their men at home, good times will soon follow. So grab your favorite gals for an estrogen-fueled getaway to remember—herewith five great girlfriend getaway ideas to make it happen.
If you're planning to eat a muffuletta, a huge sandwich made with Italian meats and cheese, at Central Grocery—the best place for them in New Orleans—you'll probably do fine with half, unless you're absolutely starving!
If there's a line for table service at Café du Monde in New Orleans, head around back to the takeout window and get your coffee and beignets to go. Enjoy them overlooking the river right next door, or in Jackson Square.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $549 & up -- Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $619* & up -- Europe Fare Sale from across the U.S. (R/T)Lufthansa
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours