News Stories Tagged new mexico
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest.
New Mexico's spectacular landscapes and crystal-clear atmosphere are an amateur photographer's dream. Many of the common scenes around the state seem tailor-made for photography sessions: terra-cotta-hued adobe buildings against azure-blue skies, dramatic rain clouds contrasting with vermilion sunsets, and so on.... It's no surprise, then, that we've received some stunning images for our "Show Us Your New Mexico" photo contest, which runs through May 15th. Here are a few that caught our eye.... Submit your photo | View a slideshow of recent entries....
Windy Point"This beautiful panoramic view was taken between Chama and Osier while riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in late September 2008. I believe this was called Windy Point. Both the railroad and highway go around this mountain."
Submitted by Tbirds69
Location: Chama Area
From the Forums: "What can we really fit in with 5 days in Utah?"...
Tent Rocks Park"This is a wonderful park between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You have to drive through...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $299 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $99 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com