News Stories Tagged new mexico
At just about every turn in the Land of Enchantment, whether you're high in the mountains or low in a dramatic river canyon, hiking opportunities abound. Six national forests cover many thousands of acres around New Mexico, as do 34 state parks and a number of other national and state monuments and recreation areas. The ski areas make for great mountaineering during the warmer months, and the state's many Native American ruins are also laced with trails.
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest.
New Mexico's spectacular landscapes and crystal-clear atmosphere are an amateur photographer's dream. Many of the common scenes around the state seem tailor-made for photography sessions: terra-cotta-hued adobe buildings against azure-blue skies, dramatic rain clouds contrasting with vermilion sunsets, and so on.... It's no surprise, then, that we've received some stunning images for our "Show Us Your New Mexico" photo contest, which runs through May 15th. Here are a few that caught our eye.... Submit your photo | View a slideshow of recent entries....
Windy Point"This beautiful panoramic view was taken between Chama and Osier while riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in late September 2008. I believe this was called Windy Point. Both the railroad and highway go around this mountain."
Submitted by Tbirds69
Location: Chama Area
From the Forums: "What can we really fit in with 5 days in Utah?"...
Tent Rocks Park"This is a wonderful park between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You have to drive through...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $79 & up -- New Hampshire Hotel Deals, up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $219 & up -- 4-Star Midtown Manhattan Westin, 20% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $1182 -- 10-Night Spring Ireland Vacation incl. Air and CarEuropean Destinations
- $65 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Villa at Water Park ResortLiki Tiki Village Resort
- $76-$93 -- SoCal: Rancho Mirage Hotel w/Free ParkingGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau