News Stories Tagged new england
If you are what you eat, then most Cape Codders would be a clam . . . or maybe a lobster roll. It should go without saying that a land named for a type of fish would abound with opportunities to sample tasty seafood, and Cape Cod does not disappoint.
Long, wide beaches edge the New England coast from southern Maine to southern Connecticut, with dozens dotting the shores of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket. The waters are at their warmest in August, though they’re cold even at the height of summer along much of Maine.
For updates on fall foliage conditions, call the National Forest Service's Fall Color Hotline at (800) 354-4595. But don't be surprised if you're too early or too late to see colors. Autumn color is a process not a single moment, and from the end of September to mid- to late October you can usually be guaranteed great colors somewhere in New England...
Summer's over and you need something to look forward to, right? A quick trip out into the country makes the perfect antidote to the back-to-school blues. From Boston to Seattle, here are our favorite long weekend trips away from the major cities.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $64 & up -- Savannah Hotels, B&Bs and Inns on Sale, 60% OffVisit Savannah
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $599 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise w/$100 CreditCruise.com
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises