News Stories Tagged nevada
Got a rock hound in the family? Consider taking a vacation to one of these geologically rich destinations and you might just find enough gemstones or precious metals to pay for the trip, because you can keep everything you find. Youâ€™re guaranteed to have a good time looking—even if you come up empty.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Lake Tahoe is a year-round destination, to be sure. But it really comes to life in the winter, with activities from skiing and snow-shoeing to apres-skiing and gambling galore.
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies), the road trip can be quite dull. Unless, that is, you make these awesome pit stops.
Feeling a little down on your luck? Was 2012 not your year? Check out our list of the luckiest places on earth, and maybe you'll turn your luck around in the new year.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
With the rise of mixology programs across Las Vegas, sophisticated cocktails have become an integral part of nightlife in Sin City. In recent months, a spate of new ultra-lounges and nightclubs has taken this trend to the next level. We've selected the hottest spots to experience the new cocktail frontier.
It only comes once a year, so why not close out 2011 with a bang? Check out these indulgent, blowout New Year’s Eve experiences. You might just wake up and wonder where the night went, but that’s what resolutions are for.
The date 11/11/11 only happens once a century, and hotels are hoping that special deals and discounted prices will spark celebration. Here are some of the best finds in and around North America.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $108-$135 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $959 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $74 & up -- New Orleans Hotel w/Breakfast & Credit, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $254 & up -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 35%Delray Beach Marriott
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line