News Stories Tagged national parks
Hiking the stunning, scenic trails of Wyoming backcountry (Jackson Hole, Yellowstone) would be much more peaceful if there was an adorable, gentle animal helping to carry your wares. Cue the llamas.
From free entry into national parks for military families to finding the perfect Space Shuttle-inspired, food-focused investment, here are the headlines we're reading this morning.
Now that warm weather is on the horizon, it's time to escape to the great outdoors with the family. Bond over daytime hikes and nighttime s'mores at these top family-friendly campsites.
America's national parks are known for many things, but being bike friendly is not necessarily one of them. In spring and early summer in Glacier and Yellowstone, however, two-wheeled vehicles are practically the only ones on park roads.
Just two months ago, a wildfire swept through the renowned Torres del Paine National Park, temporarily closing parts of the park and the iconic Hotel Salto Chico. While the park re-opened in early January, the luxury lodge will re-open its doors on February 23, just in time for the tail-end of the popular summer season in stunning southern Chile.
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free. Popular parks on the list include Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and Acadia.
With the free Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder app locate National and State parks based on location and activity, such as picnicking or hiking. Search results display suitable public parks, as well as provide directions, weather forecasts, lodging options, and park maps. Perfect for spontaneous weekend outings or long-term vacation planning!
The best place to take a picture of this small but beautiful lighthouse in Acadia National Park is from the rocks below—but watch your step; they can be slippery.
From Arizona to Alaska, we've got the latest National Park Service news about Pee-Wee Rangers, the annual BioBlitz, Civil War Sesquicentennial events—plus fee-free days for savings.
One of the best ways to see this country is by touring the National Parks. Our editors selected the very best Park experiences. Check out our slideshow and tell us if you agree with our choices.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, $1000 OffOceania Cruises
- $3099 -- India & Nepal 13-Night Vacation w/Air, Save $400Friendly Planet Travel
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $499 & up -- Oceanview: 7 Nt. Cruise to the CaribbeanMSC Cruises
- $609 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays