News Stories Tagged national parks
Lakes offer some of water's most alluring qualities, mesmerizing ripples, mirror-like reflections, and crstyalline clarity. The world has millions of them, from tiny grass-lined ponds to massive freshwater expanses easily mistaken for oceans, but some lakes simply stand out more than others. Here are 20 of the world's most beautiful lakes.
Fall is one of the best times to go discover the immense natural beauty of Utah and its national parks. Hike the day away and find great eats by night, but pack these key stylish picks first.
Check out our picks for the 10 must-see National Parks in the fall, with tips on what makes these places so special this time of year, from wildlife activity to fewer crowds. Whether you prefer to drive through, or hike through, these parks will prove unforgettable.
When planning a trip to one of the country's national parks, you might not have great wine lists at the top of your wishlist. Well, you're missing out.
Much of the new Lone Ranger, just released this week, was shot on location in Utah, using landscapes like Monument Valley, Arches and Canyonlands, and more. Step into the film with this Lone Ranger-approved itinerary.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Instead of going on the same ol' summertime trips, why not switch it up? From a US city making a major comeback to an iconic southeast African destination, here are our top summer getaway picks.
The desert landscapes of Utah's five national parks are astounding. Overwhelming, even. So we're here to help you navigate this state's embarrassment of outdoor riches with a long weekend itinerary.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
You could write your own Insider's Guide to Austin, we know. But there's plenty more Texas to discover, and we suggest starting with West Texas. Here's our guide to Big Bend, Marfa, and more.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1499 -- Asia 14-Night Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & $200 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $159 -- Caribbean 5-Night Cruise on Princess w/$50 CreditPrincess Cruises
- $2696* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $119-$160 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $179 -- Bahamas 3-Night Cruise on Princess, Save $150Princess Cruises
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale