News Stories Tagged naples
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
In the hot summer, hopping into a cab outside Naples’s Stazione Centrale rail station can lead to a total meltdown, thanks to the city’s constant traffic jams and global-warming temperatures. Solution? Head for the city's trams, trains, and buses, all of which—miracle of miracles—are nicely air-conditioned.
There are hundreds of restaurants that specialize in pizza in Naples, and the best of these make pizza and nothing else. We've got the insider Italy tips—on what to order, why Neapolitan pizza is so special, and the top pizzerie to try—to inspire your next trip to Naples.
If heading to Capri or the Amalfi Coast from Naples, remember a vast network of boats and ferries leaves from Naples’s Molo Beverello. Metro del Mare is just of the companies that can whisk you to Positano or Amalfi in air-conditioned splendor, leaving the area’s slower Circumvesuviana trains and SITA buses in the dust.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1199 & up -- London & Dublin 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $699 & up -- Cayman Island Vacation Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $1799 & up -- Melbourne & Sydney 8-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $760Goway Travel
- $1329 & up -- Paris & Rome 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & TransferEuropeanDestinations.com