News Stories Tagged naples
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
In the hot summer, hopping into a cab outside Naples’s Stazione Centrale rail station can lead to a total meltdown, thanks to the city’s constant traffic jams and global-warming temperatures. Solution? Head for the city's trams, trains, and buses, all of which—miracle of miracles—are nicely air-conditioned.
There are hundreds of restaurants that specialize in pizza in Naples, and the best of these make pizza and nothing else. We've got the insider Italy tips—on what to order, why Neapolitan pizza is so special, and the top pizzerie to try—to inspire your next trip to Naples.
If heading to Capri or the Amalfi Coast from Naples, remember a vast network of boats and ferries leaves from Naples’s Molo Beverello. Metro del Mare is just of the companies that can whisk you to Positano or Amalfi in air-conditioned splendor, leaving the area’s slower Circumvesuviana trains and SITA buses in the dust.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $125-$129 -- Suite: 4-Star Orlando Hotel w/Shuttles, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $79 -- Oceanfront Suite at Myrtle Beach in Spring, 50% OffIsland Vista Resort
- $449 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 30% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $219-$269 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $259 -- PA: Poconos Ski Resort w/All Meals, 40% OffSkytop Lodge