News Stories Tagged napa
Napa is one of California's most enticing destinations—great food, scenery, and wine is a winning combo that draws the gay community (and everyone) in droves. Here's a first-timer's guide.
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon. Bypass the stress of trip planning thanks to our expert tips, and find the right trip for your post-wedding cool-down.
You can't go to Napa or Sonoma too many times. There's always a wine you have yet to taste, a new restaurant to try, or activity to check out. Here are some of the coolest things that are new now.
Acclaimed chef, author, winemaker, and lifestyle brand connoisseur Michael Chiarello is a Napa expert. And we got him to divulge all of his top spots (plus a secret request to make at his restaurant).
Who doesn't long for a weekend in California wine country? But from tastings to dinner reservations, its easy to blow your budget in an afternoon. So here are the secrets to doing it on the cheap.
Heading to wine country, your first concern is likely more about swirling and sipping than style. But with these California-inspired picks, you'll look good on and off the vineyard. (Even if you have to spit.)
Skip the car and driver, and spend your next California wine tasting adventure on two wheels. Biking will help burn off those wine country indulgences, and as a bonus, Sonoma is unforgettably scenic.
We've sniffed, sipped, and spit; we've tasted; and we've slept it off. Without further ado, the ultimate insider's guide to wine country, from Napa to Calistoga and what lies between.
Thin crowds and great deals make early spring a great time to visit California Wine Country, not to mention all of the great new establishments cropping up. Read on for the eight most exciting venues and activities to debut this season, so you can get out to experience them first—before the fall harvest-season crowds pour in.
Dream of taking your next vacation on two wheels, but worried about keeping up with the group—or making it up the big hills, period? With e-bikes becoming an increasingly popular option in bike-friendly destinations all over the world, here are a few options to roll with when you need a little extra pedal power.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $109 -- Florida: Nature Coast Resort Near Tampa w/BreakfastPlantation on Crystal River
- $949 & up -- Oceanview: 11-Night Hawaii Cruise to 4 IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $1499 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclusive Europe River Cruise, $2100 OffCMV River Cruises
- $529 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $149-$169 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $107 -- Hilton Hotel near West Edmonton Mall, Save 35%Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton