News Stories Tagged nantucket
Fresh seafood, winding beaches, and not a chain store in sight. Here are five tempting reasons to visit Nantucket this summer.
It may seem odd, but you've got to get to Nantucket now. Best known as a summer destination, foodies know that come October it's scallop season in Nantucket.
This idyllic New England enclave is a summertime haven. We've laid out a whole (long) weekend for you, from bike rides down cobblestone streets to fresh seafood dinners in the salty ocean air.
Nantucket's newest boutique hotel offers a true New England-style retreat with all the comforts of home (plus homemade scones and fireside cocktails) in a romantic beach setting.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
What's the best way to beat winter blues? Getting the rental process started for this summer's dream beach vacation. In just a few months, you'll be asking, "Why don't we live here all year long?"
Some say it's not summer till you've got your boat shoes on. What? No one says that? They should, particularly if they're in Nantucket. Pack up your all-American classics for this chic weekend trip.
It may be tiny, but Nantucket is full of bold, mouthwatering cuisine in some pretty swank restaurants. More than that, it's fairly wine-soaked with extensive wine lists and an annual wine fest.
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort. The property has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style.
Beaches are more than just the perfect summer setting—they're also prime places for fictitious dramas to unfold. These new novels do just that on some perennial favorite beaches.
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country pouring their finest vintages.
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches.
If this premature spring flush already has you dreaming of weekends in the country, we've got good news for you: Early-season savings on hotel stays make it a cinch to get out of town this spring (and if the weather continues on its steady incline, you may experience prime beach weather as soon as April!). Check out these spring discounts in easy-access destinations for Northeasterners: Nantucket, Long Island wine country, and Atlantic City.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $270 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $1051* & up -- Fly to Argentina from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $203 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $135 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $539 & up -- La Romana: 4-Star All-Incl. 'Dreams' Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com