News Stories Tagged nantucket
Fresh seafood, winding beaches, and not a chain store in sight. Here are five tempting reasons to visit Nantucket this summer.
It may seem odd, but you've got to get to Nantucket now. Best known as a summer destination, foodies know that come October it's scallop season in Nantucket.
This idyllic New England enclave is a summertime haven. We've laid out a whole (long) weekend for you, from bike rides down cobblestone streets to fresh seafood dinners in the salty ocean air.
Nantucket's newest boutique hotel offers a true New England-style retreat with all the comforts of home (plus homemade scones and fireside cocktails) in a romantic beach setting.
The Nantucket Wine Festival draws sommeliers, winemakers, chefs, and passionate imbibers together every year for a five-day extravaganza of wine tastings, food pairings, seminars, and more.
What's the best way to beat winter blues? Getting the rental process started for this summer's dream beach vacation. In just a few months, you'll be asking, "Why don't we live here all year long?"
Some say it's not summer till you've got your boat shoes on. What? No one says that? They should, particularly if they're in Nantucket. Pack up your all-American classics for this chic weekend trip.
It may be tiny, but Nantucket is full of bold, mouthwatering cuisine in some pretty swank restaurants. More than that, it's fairly wine-soaked with extensive wine lists and an annual wine fest.
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort. The property has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style.
Beaches are more than just the perfect summer setting—they're also prime places for fictitious dramas to unfold. These new novels do just that on some perennial favorite beaches.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $173-$193 -- 5-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $895 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $2471 & up -- Galapagos Island Hopping AdventureLatinEscapes.com
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France